You get a notice that your smartphone needs an automatic upgrade.
Your tablet notifies you as well. Regularly. The operating systems need to refresh.
Your PC and/or laptop softwareprovides the same notice.
Even your carnotifies you when an oilchange and engine check needed.
When is your upgrade scheduled?
Do you need to re-boot your own energy and creativity like your PC or laptop does ?
Funny how the tools we rely on daily automatically re-fresh at the click of a button, yet our most important tool does not.
Maybe it is time for us to do the same with our physical, spiritual and emotional self?
Ouff ! That sounds like a lot of work!
Yet, the discomfort of having your smartphone, or laptop, or car not functioning properly incentivizes us to action.
When it comes to our own personal health, often it is only crisis that does the same!
Maybe because we need the PROMPTING to initiate our own upgrade.
The agencies that program these upgrades have a vested interest in their products performance and our dependence on them.
Who has the biggest vested interest in your performance?
Should look at this from another angle. What would an upgrade to our software require?
First and foremost, it requires us to be aware that we need a regular upgrade.
Secondly, we need to schedule it.
Lastly, we need to act on it – without excuses. Regularly!
What would your upgrade include?
- Would it include a visit to doctor and get a clean bill of health?
- Would it include 15 minutes of daily exercise?
- What can you do in 15 minutes?
(if you are not exercising regularly, start by walking 15-20 minutes!
- How can it be simple enough to establish this has a habit?
- Would it include a special effort to get better food into our system?
- Would it include making sure we did not sit longer than 1-2 hours at a time without moving?
- Would it include daily time on relaxing, clearing the mind and breathing exercises?
If you are over 50 like I am, or even over 40 , or, if you have anyone in your family declining rapidly due to aging, or have a loved one in long term care , then the reminder of how fragile our health is constant.
Daily reminders that we should take nothing for granted.
How do we measure the impact of our own body and/or health breaking down?
As business owners and busy professionals, we carefully plan out and meticulously work on growing our asset base daily.
What about the engine that drives it ?
If you could take a pill today and it would provide the following benefits : reduction of stress, boost of happy chemicals, sharpen memory, alleviate anxiety, boost brainpower, reduce cognitive decline, boosts creativity , allows you to get more done, and inspire others* ….would you take it ?
*13 mental benefits to exercise – See full article more at http://bit.ly/1dwNWKe
Sounds like a good investment right? What’s the catch?
The catch is that you need to take at least 15 minutes per day to take it.
Let’s review this again:
- What would an upgrade to our software require?
- First and foremost, it requires us to be aware that we need one.
- Secondly, we need to schedule it.
- Lastly, we need to act on it – without excuses. A lot is at stake after all!!
There is nothing more important.
It increases our ability to control our destiny.
Like most things of value in the world however, it is simple but not easy.