Like you, I am getting older!
Like you, I am busy.
In the last 30 days, I have had 3 different business trips across 4 time zones for a total of 13 nights away from home.
It is particularly busy this time of year for travel in my work. However, it is not unlikely that we get distracted from our routines with the demands of family, work and other …..
At 52, I cant afford to get out of a routine of at least something active every day. Walking when I can, or some body weight work at beginning or end of day.
So I made the promise to try push ups every day. 25 at a time. 4 times a day.
Here is what happened:
- I did it! Missed 1 day where i got 50 done, but added extra 25 to the 2 following days.
- I got stronger. I felt it. 25 took less struggle towards end of the 30 days.
- The technique got better and I played with variety on the pushups. I added angles, plyo on a chair and resistance band when i had handy.
- I felt better. Every morning, first thing – started with 25 before anything. and i felt better getting upon my day
- It took less that 20 seconds per 25, so 1 minute and 20 seconds over the day. UNDER 90 SECONDS!
- I wanted to do more. So often, i would do some core work, some lunges or mobility work after the pushups.
Bottom line: for less than 90 seconds per day, I felt better, got stronger, sparked my day. I did not need equipment or much room.
Now i am moving to integrate a 2-3 minute sesssion 3/4 times per day to include core, mobility and body weight lunges/squats.
My regular workouts of 3-4 times per week continue, but this allows me to stay consistent and not go long gaps without doing something.
Give it a try. I am sure you can find 90 seconds a day!
You will be surprised how different you feel.
Let me know how it goes!